Please see the attached flyer for information about a Christmas performance at the Rockaway Mall in which our RMS & RHS clarinet students are invited to participate.
Ms. Jennifer Branch, a private clarinet teacher with which the Randolph Music Department works closely, is inviting clarinet players from around the area to the Rockaway Mall on Sunday, December 11th to play some holiday tunes in a clarinet choir (an ensemble made up of only clarinets and bass clarinets).
The music will be holiday pieces that all of our students could easily sight-read without practicing. Over the past few years that this event has been held, we have had several students attend, and they have all really enjoyed playing in the event! It's sure to be a fun experience, and I highly recommend checking it out.
Plus, you can finish your holiday shopping afterwards (.…or if you’re like me, you can start it!) - See below for info!
On a related note: Mrs. Branch is a fantastic private clarinet lesson teacher located in the Ironia section of Randolph. If any student is interested in beginning to take private clarinet lessons, please let me know, and I will put you in touch with her.
Hoping this note finds you well:) Here is information for the 2016 upcoming “Clarinet Christmas”. I wanted to spread the word to any clarinetists who might like to play some carols, or to anyone interested in attending. Feel free to print and post this PDF. Here are the details:
- When: Sunday December 11, 1:30-2pm (please arrive 1:15 for set-up)
- Where: Rockaway Mall, Mall entrance outside of Lord & Taylor
- What to bring: Your clarinet or bass clarinet, a music stand, ....and a Santa Clause hat?
- Note from Mr. Davidson: Randolph Middle School does have a few wire music stands if a student needs to borrow one.
- Cost: Nothing!
- Who can perform?: Clarinet players young and old. Music for sight-reading is mostly quarter and half notes.
- RSVP: There is no need to RSVP; simply show up!